Effective March 26, 2021
The Site and Service may include certain services, including payment processing and videoconferencing services, that are operated by third parties. Any Personal Information you choose to submit through these services will be retained by such third parties pursuant to their own privacy policies. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with their terms.
We may need to change this policy from time to time. The updates will be posted online. To make your review more convenient, we will post an effective date at the top of the page. Your continued use of the Site or Service after the effective date of such changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
1 How we learn information about you
We learn information about you when:
- You choose to provide information. This may include, for example:
- when you register, you may provide contact information, such as your name, email, phone number and social media information
- when you post information on a Site or Service feature, such as using a chat function at an event booth or creating a virtual business card to share with other event participants
- We or our service providers automatically gather information regarding your use of the Site or Service.
- Someone else tells us information about you. We may obtain some information about you from third party service providers, such as survey tools and payment processing services.
2 Protection of Your Personal Information
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your Personal Information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Certain services are operated by third parties that will store any Personal Information you choose to submit through such services. The security practices of such third parties apply to any Personal Information you choose to submit through those services. Yeti does not control the security of any such Personal Information.
3 Use of Information Obtained by Yeti
We retain and use your personal information to:
- Provide, understand, protect, maintain and improve the Site and Service.
- Customize your experience on the Site or Service or serve you specific content.
- Process changes to your account information.
- Communicate with you, including by providing you information, features or offers that we believe will be of interest to you.
- Respond to your questions or other requests.
- Prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforce our terms.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Carry out any other purpose that you authorize.
4 Sharing of Personal Information Obtained by Yeti
We may share non-personally identifiable information, such as Site usage information or other aggregated user statistics, with third parties. In addition, we may share your Personal Information:
- When we have received your permission to share it.
- When you use the Site or Service to share information. The Site and Service may include features, such as event booths or virtual business cards, that allow you to share information with event hosts or other users. You should be aware that any such information will, by virtue of being shared, become accessible by others, and Yeti cannot control what others do with that information. We are not responsible for the information you choose to share with other users or the public through the Site or Service.
- With event hosts. Information you share when registering for or participating in an event may be shared with the individual(s) or organization(s) organizing the event using the Service (“Hosts”).
- With companies or individuals who help us provide and improve the Site and Service, or manage our relationship with you. We may share your Personal Information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. This may include, without limitation, individual contractors who work for Yeti, as well as third parties that send communications, host the Site and Service, process payments, host or analyze data, provide legal services, provide marketing assistance, or provide customer service on our behalf. These third parties may have access to Personal information in order to provide these services to us or on our behalf.
- For reporting or audit purposes. We may provide data to business partners for reporting or audit purposes.
- When the law requires it. We may disclose Personal Information in order to comply with applicable laws or lawful requests such as subpoenas or court orders. Nothing in this policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party’s request to disclose your information.
- When we believe it is necessary to prevent harm to you or someone else. We will only share your information in this way if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of you, other users, Yeti or the public, or to prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, or enforce our terms.
- If our organizational structure or status changes (if we undergo a restructuring, are acquired, or go bankrupt) we may pass your information to a successor or affiliate. We may also share your information with a proposed new owner while they are evaluating our business and in connection with borrowing money or issuing stock. In all of these cases we would require the persons gaining access to your information to agree to confidentiality restrictions.
5 Website Services Operated by Third Parties
The Site and Service may include certain third party services that allow for submission of Personal Information, for example, in connection with bill payment and participating in teleconferences.
- Payments are processed by a third party payment processor (currently Stripe).
- Teleconferences may be operated by third party services, such as Zoom
All Personal Information you choose to submit through these areas of the Site and Service is submitted to and retained by the third parties that operate those services, and is subject to their privacy policies. Yeti is not responsible for these third parties’ privacy practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies.
6 Consent to transfer.
The Site and Service are operated in the United States. Your Personal Information will be processed and shared in the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may provide different levels of protection than those in non-United States jurisdictions. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Website or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
7 Other Things You Should Know
Policies Concerning Children. If you are under 13, we don’t want your personal information, and you must not provide it to us. If you are a parent and believe that your child who is under 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your child’s information removed.
Do Not Track. Like many other websites and online services, we do not currently alter our practices when we receive Do Not Track signals as there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context.
Changing or Deleting Personal Information.
- If you want to make a correction to your Personal Information, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Note that we may not be able to correct or delete Personal Information in all locations in which it is stored, including if we need to keep the information for legitimate business or legal purposes, and where such update or deletion would be unduly burdensome or impractical (for example, with regard to information stored in backup systems).
- In accordance with our routine corporate record-keeping practices, we may delete certain records that contain your Personal Information. We disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such information.
8 Information for Users in the EU, EEA, Switzerland, and California.
Consent to transfer. The Site and Service are operated in the United States. Your Personal Information will be processed and shared in the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may provide different levels of protection than those in non-United States jurisdictions. Please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Website or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
These regions have data protection laws that require us to specify the following:
Our lawful bases for collecting and processing personal information under the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) include:
Performing our contract with you: Accessing and using the Site or Service or entering into any Order for the Service requires your agreement to the VirtualFest Terms of Service. We need to collect and process personal information in order to provide the Site and Service contracted for, including to receive registration information needed to communicate with Hosts and Guests and verify identity of Event participants, and receive and process any information you choose to share with others through Service features.
Legitimate interests: We collect and process personal information to manage our business, subject to those interests not overriding your fundamental rights and freedoms. This may include monitoring, administering and improving the Site and Service, communicating with you in connection with our services, research and development purposes, or for the purposes of detecting and preventing illegal activities.
Consent: Where we ask for your consent to process your information, you can always withdraw this consent.
The following rights are granted under the GDPR and California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
- The right to know what personal information is collected
- The right to know if personal information is being shared, and to whom
- The right to access your personal information
- The right to exercise your privacy rights without being discriminated against
If you have a question or concern, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we hope to resolve it for you. If we cannot, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
9 How to Get in Contact with Us. If you want to make a correction to your information, or you have any questions about our privacy policies, please get in touch with:
PO Box 3964
Truckee, CA 96161